MINNEAPOLIS music teachers forum
is a non-profit, educational and charitable organization that strives to raise the standards of music teaching and student performance.
We offer a wide variety of opportunities for participation by teachers and their students. In addition to our regular meetings,
programs and special events, we are affiliated as a local chapter with the Minnesota Music Teachers Association (MMTA).
Minneapolis Music Teachers Forum Recitals We're Student Friendly…
The Minneapolis Music Teachers Forum hosts between 25-30 student recitals from October–May at locations around the Twin Cities.
- –Most recitals are held on Sunday afternoons, and recital programs are 45 minutes long. None are contests. Students pay a nominal fee.
- –Adjudicators write positive and helpful critiques. Approximately 1500 students participated last season.
- –Many kinds of recitals fit students’ special needs in their musical journey. Awards provide a strong motivation for practice and continued instruction.
- –At each performance students receive a dated certificate with composition, title, composer, student and teacher’s names. They earn a blue ribbon for the third and sixth recital, and for the ninth recital the student receives a trophy!
Other MMTF student programs:
- –Ninth Grade Music Award Auditions
- –Young Artist Critique Event
- –Mozart Piano Concerto Competition
- –Senior Music Award Auditions
- –Senior Honors Award Recital
- –Monetary Awards
Our Teacher Enrichment programs include:
- –Meetings & Programs with Guest Speakers & Guest Artists
- –Performance/Listening Sessions
- –Topics In Teaching Informal Discussions
- –MMTA Contest Materials Classes
- –Composition Group Performances & Support
- –Social Events
- –September Breakfast
- –New Member & Retiree Social
- –December Brunch
- –All Local Association Spring Luncheon
- –Student referrals
- –Forum Friends & New Member Support
Our website is set up for members of MMTF. Send an email using the Contact Us link to get the registration form sent to you as a PDF file. After payment of dues, you will receive a website login and password.
We look forward to having you as a member of the Minneapolis Music Teachers Forum!